MHGC Monthly Meeting at the Palace Hotel, South Melbourne
Meeting Commenced: time: 20:00
Apologies: Peter Holloway
- 2 new members this month – Johannes processing the forms and will send out packs shortly.
- This month’s meeting now falls before the VHPA so for this meeting no update.
- Training and activity going well at Locksley. Brett Hugan going well with aerotow endorsement. 4 supervised pilots all in training at the moment.
- Upcoming events – ANZAC day. Some ideas floated but may not be an official MHGC event this time.
- Darryl looking at some idea for monthly meetings and there was some input from others. In summary:
- Another possible talk from paragliders
- Gabe or another suitable person – talk about Dalby?
- Rohan – many topics
- Peter Holloway; VHF endorsement night. Also possibly a talk on aerotowing which might be good for those not endorsed or the new members.
- Follow up site guide night with video / google earth etc
- Top 10 sites in Australia ; Noel on Rainbow beach, John Reynoldson on Morning Glory
- Curtis Greenwood on balloning?
- General business:
- Noel asked if there had been any requests for signatures for logbooks – there have been one or two yes.
- First aid – reminder that people can do this if they wish, they need to book themselves in and send invoice to the VHPA (there is a $ limit though which is same as cost of St John course)
Meeting close; approx 21:00Share